Thursday 8 September 2011

busy year for all by Amanda



All the Forum members have had a busy year since our residential week last winter, we all have numerous projects on the go as well as juggling family life, work etc. and we are working towards a group exhibition in February 2012. I have completed my signature piece (a signature piece is a starting point for developing an idea) for Stitching the Legend and am working on a series of painted and stitched panels on the theme of Legendary Fashion Designers. The Mary Quant panel is a departure from my neutral colour scheme from last year and ventures into primaries. The panels are on tea-dyed cotton cloth, painting is in process using acrylic paints and fabric medium. My plan is to stretch them over a wooden frame for hanging but, at this stage in the making, plans could change!
Currently most of my time is being spent on various printmaking projects, a learning curve in which I am learning new skills to incorporate into my textile work in the future.

No comments: