Saturday 22 August 2009

New member: Ester Kiely


I'm delighted to join the Textile Art Forum. The theme 'Deconstruct/Reconstruct' strikes a chord. I recently made a series of silk hangings based on the stone walls that surround me in County Galway (see http://www.esterkiely.blogspot.com/). These simple walls have stood for generations, but they also have a fragility to them. So I'm going back to the drawing board! In the meantime here's one of the photos I took of the stone walls outside my house at sunrise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Ester & Textile forum!

This is a great online community here. I was just searching around looking about different online Irish artists communities. Looks like you've found a great niche here, Ester.

If you know of any other niche/irish/n.irish/online artists' communities I'd love to hear. Thank you!

See you around Practice.ie too :)

Frances Sawaya said...

Dear Ester --- the stone wall looks terrific! Hope to see more of your designs and work here as you post more pix and comments. Frances