Wednesday 10 March 2010

update from Jan


Well I can only add that it was a wonderful week away and the time flew and I also didn't miss the outside world at all. I've continued to work on my Grandmothers Garden effort made from old fabric used by my 4 sisters and I to make dresses inthe 1970's. I've attached a photo as it was at the residence week but has progressed since then some. I've also added my favorite photo of our special work space around the open fire with the look from my seat of France, Amanda and Ester. Hope to have all my pieces done by the end of March to start thinking on the next area we're going to focus on.

3 comments:

Forum Lady said...

Jan! I can't hank you enough for your kindness and generous spirit in helping with Dill. It made the work at the retreat fly along to have you share the burden. Today in Omagh I saw a quilt made in the 1930s and it was very similar in style and techniques to your Grandmother's Garden. Hooray for you in keeping the craft going. Frances

Ester Kiely said...

I think the cottage makes a lovely backdrop for your 'grandmother's flower garden' quilt with the red painted window beside it. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt....hope you're doing ok with all your hexagons!
Thanks for showing me the Equilt software and printing out all those circles for me!

Forum Lady said...

Great photos, Makes we want to go back sooner than next March. Amanda