Wednesday 16 March 2011

Ester Kiely: update on 2011 residential at Ballyduggan


We're just back from our 2011 week's residential at Ballyduggan, Co. Down. This was my second year attending and I think I settled in easier this year and therefore achieved more.

I arrived with my 'signature piece' completed and quite a few sketches, collages and notes in my sketchbook. This helped me to start working quickly.
There were four of us again this year. Jan, Frances Amanda and myself. Tania couldn't make it but hopefully will meet up with Jan soon to get herself up and running on the theme 'Stitching the Legend'.
My initial pieces are based on tree silhouttes against various backgrounds. I have 3 pieces in various stages of progress.
But I also have more ideas in my head based on the next stages of the legend of 'Eithne the Fairy Bride' associated with Knockma, Co. Galway.
Let's hope I can keep the momentum up!

1 comment:

Forum Lady said...

That photo sums up all the work you were developing during the residential! Look forward to seeing how it progresses, Amanda